Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship action is coming to DAZN.The streaming service has partnered with BKFC to present a special series of fights beginning in August. Those events can be watched exclusively on DAZN in the U.S. and Canada. BKFC, founded in 2018 by boxing promoter Dave Feldman, features experienced boxers and MMA fighters. Matches are held inside of a circular four-rope ring, and fighters can trade shots for up to five rounds (two minutes each).After a brief hiatus due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, BKFC will return Friday night for BKFC 11, which will be held in Oxford, Miss. Eight fights will take place at BKFC 11, including Isaac Vallie-Flagg vs. Luis Palomino battling it out in the main event.Here are the BetOnline AG Head-To-Head Odds for BKFC11 Tomorrow Night LIVE and FREE on the Bare Knuckle TV APP! pic.twitter.com/yKkzGUaXNp— Bare Knuckle FC (@bareknucklefc) July 24, 2020More details on how to watch BKFC 11 can be found here. More details on those events are expected to come at a later date.MORE: Watch Vergil Ortiz Jr. battle Samuel Vargas on DAZNDAZN has plenty of experience in the world of combat sports, as it already shows events from Matchroom Boxing, Golden Boy Promotions, GGG Promotions and Bellator MMA. The partnership with BKFC brings even more top combat events to the service.
Steven Caulker has told Southampton’s website he did not hesitate to join the club when the opportunity arose.Caulker has been handed the chance to stay in the Premier League after moving from QPR on a season-long loan.Southampton have paid a £1.5m loan fee for the 23-year-old centre-back, who moved to west London from Cardiff City a year ago.QPR director of football Les Ferdinand recently dismissed an approach from West Brom for Caulker but agreed to let him join the Saints.“I’m very pleased. This club’s done fantastically well, especially over the last two years,” Caulker said.“To now join this club and be a part of it for this year is something I’m very proud of. I’m very excited.“As soon as I got the phone call from Les Ferdinand to say a fee had been agreed with Southampton I was delighted to get the opportunity to come and play here.”Caulker also believes Southampton’s style of play under boss Ronald Koeman will suit his game.He said: “They play fantastic football – it’s a style I was quite used to at Swansea.“It’s an attractive style and one I feel comfortable playing in. The manager wants players at the back who are comfortable on the ball and I feel that’s part of my game.”Meanwhile, QPR have had a bid for Wigan’s James Perch accepted and are expected to sign the former Newcastle man in the next 48 hours.Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook
Touch Football Australia (TFA), in conjunction with Queensland Touch Football (QTF), is calling for registrations for the Elite Coaching Course scheduled at the QTF offices at 83 Castlemaine Street, Milton. The course will be held from 31st August to 1st September 2019. Coaches for this course will attend the two-day full Elite Coach Course, and are also required to complete the Intermediate Coaching General Principles worksheets prior to being awarded their final qualification. These will be sent to you once you register to attend the course.Registrations for this course will close at 9am on 15th July 2019. For more information, please click here to access the attachment.If you have any queries, contact TFA’s James Sharp: [email protected]
About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Burnley boss Dyche warns Arsenal: You’ll be facing reality todayby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveBurnley boss Sean Dyche has warned Arsenal to expect a dose of “reality” today.Dyche vowed to continue with his “reality tactics’ when required, as he looks to get his side back on the up.He said: “It’s very simple. If everyone thinks that every team in the Premier League is going to play the beautiful game, at the moment there is only one winner and that is Manchester City.“If we are all going to roll it out from the back and play 600 passes, they win… end of story!“You have to find a way and that’s what we’ve done consistently well here; find a way to be successful.“We’ve had to fight, we’ve had to work, we’ve played some good, productive stuff at times, and always found a way.“That doesn’t change because when you play these powerful clubs, it’s very difficult.“It’s reality tactics, rather than negative tactics, and we’ve tinkered with the side many times before.”
About the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your say Klopp bemused over Liverpool fitness questionsby Freddie Taylora month agoSend to a friendShare the loveLiverpool boss Jurgen Klopp is not impressed by questions about his side’s fitness.Some pundits questioned whether the Reds had the physical conditioning to keep up with the Italian side.They looked out thought and out fought in a 2-0 loss in the group stages of the Champions League on Tuesday night.When asked about fitness, Klopp said the following to the club’s official website: “There was no physical problem apart from the normal physical problems in a game like this, which is very intense [because] both teams fight hard and all that stuff. It’s not a physical problem tonight.”We have to finish the situations off. How everybody is in life, you need positive moments and you can run forever. “We didn’t have really positive moments tonight. They obviously got the second air, so they could go again. That’s normal, but that was not the reason.”
About the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your say Chelsea hero Nevin tells Lampard: Don’t spend big after transfer banby Freddie Taylor15 hours agoSend to a friendShare the loveChelsea hero Pat Nevin has urged the club not to spend big after their transfer ban concludes.The Blues are currently a six-match winning run thanks in large part to their flourishing contingent of academy graduates.Those youngsters have benefitted from Chelsea’s inability to buy any players until next summer, and Nevin thinks the club must resist ruining their development.He wrote on the club’s website: “Our young side have just deservedly beaten Ajax, the best young side in Europe, at their own ground and it was no fluke, Chelsea were the better team.”If we do the double over them on 5 November, does that then make us the best young side in Europe? If it does, then should Frank take a chance on ruining that progress with a bunch of new signings?”Why for example would you even consider buying, say, another centre-forward when Tammy Abraham has been superb and is absolutely definitely going to get even better? Well there could be a dip in form or an injury, or indeed he might just need a rest at some point.”We have got other strikers already on the roster. Michy’s goals-to-minutes-played figures are off the scale again this season for club and country, but what club or indeed manager would turn down a world-class player if he suddenly became available?”I hadn’t considered it at all this season, because with Chelsea lying fourth in the Premier League, who cares about next season right at this moment? Well the club has to, Frank has to and doing things at the last moment on a whim is generally not considered the best way to bring long-term success to any club. So forward planning is a given.”I suspect there will be a bit of a war chest available to Frank by the summertime, but unlike other clubs around us, such as Manchester United and maybe even Spurs, it doesn’t look like a whole new outfit is needed, just a few little jewels added to make the whole thing sparkle even more.”I wouldn’t be surprised however if the club takes precisely the opposite approach to previous seasons when these acquisitions are considered.”During the ‘Roman era’, how many world-class strikers of a certain age have come to the Bridge with, it has to be a said, varying levels of success? I almost can’t imagine Frank doing that, but I can imagine the scouts being sent out around the planet to find the next hot young thing who would fit into, or more likely grow into, this group and this system.”
Model, actress and UNICEF UK supporter, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, posted photos on Instagram of her journey to Cambodia’s capital yesterday to make an appeal film to be broadcast on ITV’s Soccer Aid on Sunday 8th June.Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Visits CambodiaRosie travelled with UNICEF, the world’s leading children’s organisation, to meet children living in overcrowded slum villages around the capital, Phnom Penh, who are struggling against poverty, hunger and disease.“I’ve been so inspired by the children I’ve met on my first day in Cambodia, despite the conditions they live in,” said Rosie.“It was heartbreaking to meet a mum whose baby daughter died from diarrhoea when she was just six months old because of the sewage and dirty conditions. When children get ill here, they don’t always have access to medicine or clean water to be able to get better.”“I was shocked to learn that around 50 children under the age of five die every day in Cambodia from diseases that can be easily prevented, like diarrhoea. Yet it costs so little to help save a child’s life. That’s why I’m supporting UNICEF’s vital work through Soccer Aid, and you can too. Buy a ticket to the match at Old Trafford on Sunday 8th June to be a part of Soccer Aid and help UNICEF change children’s lives all over the world.”Soccer Aid will be taking place on Sunday 8th June at Manchester’s legendary Old Trafford stadium and will broadcast live on ITV. Two star-studded squads of football legends and the world’s biggest stars will compete in an electrifying football match all in aid of UNICEF, the world’s leading children’s organisation.Tickets are now on sale for Soccer Aid 2014, visit manutd.com/socceraid or call 0845 456 2014 (calls to this number will be charged at local rates). Go to unicef.org.uk/socceraid to find out more.
UPDATE: PRRD Chief Administrative Officer Chris Cvik said that the Charlie Lake Fire Department was called out to the fire at around 3:00 p.m. Thursday. Cvik said that five apparatus and fifteen firefighters responded and immediately began efforts to extinguish the fire. He said that crews were hampered in their efforts by downed power lines and a ruptured gas line, which resulted in the building deemed a total loss.CLARIFICATION: A previous version of this story stated that members of the Charlie Fire Department were seen extinguishing the fire at the property shortly before 5:00 p.m., which was when our reporter arrived at the scene. A neighbour of the property where the fire occurred said that fire crews arrived at the scene shortly after they were called.We apologize if the wording of the article implied that the fire department took over an hour to respond to the fire. FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – A fire gutted an outbuilding on a rural property west of Charlie Lake yesterday.Energeticcity.ca first received a report of the fire at a home on Dover Avenue near Hilltop Road from a social media post made at around 3:45 yesterday afternoon. Members of the Charlie Lake Fire Department were seen with hoses actively extinguishing the blaze, which was still burning inside the property’s outbuilding.Several small explosions were heard to be emanating from inside the shop while crews worked to extinguish the fire. The property’s owners were able to evacuate safely, but declined to offer comment.Acting Fire Chief Dale Winsted was also unable to comment on what caused the fire or the extent of the damage, saying that the Peace River Regional District would have more information.We’ll have an update on the fire later this morning.
New Delhi: A government-appointed expert panel has recommended for environmental clearance to three redevelopment projects in South Delhi, which have been lurking over the proposal to fell a large number of trees, after they were revised to translocate trees instead of cutting them.The expert appraisal committee (EAC) of the ministry of environment, forests and climate change (MOEFCC) has cleared the revised housing projects in Sarojini Nagar, Netaji Nagar and Kasturba Nagar colonies. Also Read – More good air days in Delhi due to Centre’s steps: JavadekarAccording to the revised plans of these colonies, trees will be translocated/ transplanted instead of being cut, which the environmentalists feel will be a “failure”. In Sarojini Nagar, out of 11,913 trees, 3,500 trees will be translocated and the rest will be retained at the project site. In Netaji Nagar, of the 3,906 proposed trees to be felled, 1,600 are to be translocated and the rest retained. In Kasturba Nagar, 405 will be translocated, and 798 retained, as per the EAC meeting minutes. Also Read – Union min Hardeep Singh Puri, Delhi L-G lay foundation stones for various projects in DwarkaThe EAC noted that due to petitions in the Delhi High Court and NGT against redevelopment of seven GPRA (General Pool Residential Accommodation) colonies over felling of trees, including the three colonies which have now been cleared, there was a status quo on these projects since July 2018. “During deliberations, the EAC noted that as per the environmental clearance granted vide dated June 12, 2018, initial activities were taken up but due to writ petitions /PIL filed in the Delhi High Court and National Green Tribunal (NGT) against felling of trees, the High Court had ordered to maintain status quo in redevelopment of all seven GPRA Colonies including Sarojini Nagar on July 2, 2018 and July 26, 2018,” the EAC’s minutes of meeting said. Environment activists, however, said that redevelopment was necessary but translocation was a risky approach. “Redevelopment is needed in Delhi. Translocation is a good move but it has to be carried out cautiously as most of the times it is not successful,” said Centre for Science and Environment’s (CSE) Chandra Bhushan. He added that while granting clearance for such projects, number of trees to be cut should be reduced and planting of more number of trees must be ensured. “They should reduce the number of trees being cut and keep in mind how will they ensure that the new construction has more number of trees,” Bhushan, deputy director of CSE, said. Speaking on similar lines, lawyer and environment activist Vikrant Tongad said translocation of trees was a “failure” because the weather and soil of the national capital was not supportive of this method. “Translocation of trees is a failure in Delhi. It is rarely successful. An expert agency has to be hired for it. But the government has no policy in place. “Delhi’s weather and soil are not supportive of translocation. Delhi has no space for compensatory plantation,” Tongad said. Another activist was of the view that responsibility has to be fixed while translocating trees. “Condition regarding translocation is a welcome step but authorities must fix responsibility of the builder to ensure that all translocated trees sustain,” he said.
Categories: Miller News,News 22Jan Rep. Miller announces contact information for Lansing office State Rep. Aaron Miller today announced key contact information so residents of the 59th House District may easily reach him. Miller will continue to use former Rep. Matt Lori’s office phone number at (517) 373-0832. Residents may also contact him at P.O. Box 30014, Lansing, MI 48909-7514, or through e-mail at [email protected]“I want to make it simple for people to contact me so I can effectively be their voice in Lansing,” said Miller, R-Sherman Township. “It’s vital that people are able to express their concerns and ideas about state and local government so I can properly represent them in the House.”Legislative staffers Susan Martin and Marla Rieli Braun join Miller in his legislative office. Martin has worked in the 59th District for 12 years for former state Reps Rick Shaffer and Lori, and is a district resident from Three Rivers. Braun has worked for former state Reps. Jack Brandenburg, Bob Gosselin and Mike Shirkey, current state Rep. Earl Poleski and U.S. Rep. Tim Walberg.Miller said he plans to hold local office hours across the district on a regular basis to give area residents a convenient opportunity to speak directly with their state representative.#####