Manchester City outcast nears Feyenoord switch

first_img Manchester City outcast John Guidetti 1 Feyenoord are close to agreeing a deal to take Manchester City outcast John Guidetti back to De Kuip this summer, according to Dutch sources.The Sweden international impressed during a loan spell with the Eredivisie side two years ago and reports in Holland claim the 22-year old tops Fred Rutten’s wishlist following the departure of star striker Graziano Pelle – who left for Southampton last month.It has been reported that the forward was the topic of conversation in a meeting between Feyenoord’s technical director Martin van Geel and the Swede’s representatives.Negotiations for the 22-year-old may drag on, however, with City refusing to lower their £5m valuation.Guidetti is still yet to feature for City in the Premier League and spent the second half of last season on loan at Stoke but failed to score in a disappointing spell for the Potters.last_img read more

OC bishop denies accusation

first_imgBrown was praised in 2004 when he settled about 90 sexual abuse lawsuits against the Diocese of Orange for $100 million, the largest settlement at the time. At the time, Brown released a “Convenant of the Faithful,” in which is pledged transparency and accountability in matters of clergy sexual abuse. The diocese later released thousands of pages from the personnel files of 15 accused priests, although no files have been released on eight others. In the deposition, Brown said he was shocked and extremely distressed to learn of the accusation against him. He said he “vaguely” remembered the parishioner. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! Bishop Tod Brown testified earlier this week in a court-ordered deposition as part of an unrelated sexual abuse lawsuit. A judge unsealed the transcript at a hearing Thursday after church attorneys sought to have portions of the testimony redacted over privacy concerns. Brown testified that he learned of the allegations against him in July 1997, when he was bishop of the Diocese of Boise, Idaho. He said the bishop of the Diocese of Fresno, which included Bakersfield, called to say that a man was accusing Brown of molesting him in the late 1960s during confession and in catechism classes. The Diocese of Fresno released a statement Thursday saying that an internal investigation uncovered “absolutely no factual or credible basis whatsoever” for the complaint. The Fresno diocese forwarded its completed investigation to Kern County prosecutors, who declined to press charges, said Ryan Lilyengren, a spokesman for the Diocese of Orange. A telephone message seeking comment from the District Attorney’s Office was not immediately returned. COURTS: No charges were pressed in molestation inquiry that went back to the 1960s. By Gillian Flaccus THE ASSOCIATED PRESS Orange County’s Roman Catholic bishop testified that he was falsely accused of sexually molesting a male parishioner when he was a priest in Bakersfield decades ago, according to a deposition transcript made public Thursday. last_img read more